Monday, January 4, 2010

First day without television, in review

A friend emailed me last night, posing a valid question.

"One week without television would be good," he said. "Do you know a year has 52 weeks?"

I had considered that. He continued.

"I have two words for you: 1) O 2) lympics."

Now as we all know, Olympics is one word, but it did stir up in me the realization that perhaps I had not thought this through. For example, I love luging (sp?), curling, and especially the triple axel, triple lutz and footage of ice skaters beating each other up. I had not considered that this will all be taking place in 2010.

My little mind began to wonder . . . what else will I miss? The Final Four. Ouch, forgot about that. The World Series. American Idol. Survivor. Charlie Brown Christmas and A Christmas Story shown for 24 hours straight. All those great Seinfeld and Friends reruns. As the World Turns . . . kidding.

So what television event are you most looking forward to this year? Just leave your comment below, and try to make me feel really bad about what I'll be missing.

9 comments:

  1. 1. Olympics
    2. The 2010 World Cup
    3. Final season of Lost
    4. Various home improvement shows - Holmes on Holmes, House Hunters, My Big Amazing Renovation.
    5. Virginia Tech basketball and football games.
    5. Nationals baseball on a still, muggy summer night with an ice cold beer.
    6. The Redskins games - even though they were terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you grieving or just punishing yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. neither. the funny thing is, now that we've stopped watching tv, i don't really care as much as i thought i would. i'm mostly just genuinely interested to hear what tv events people look forward to the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bachelor.
    yes, i'm one of those pathetic women. sue me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta have me some LOST!!!

    carm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawn, Judy and I went a year without TV back in the 80's. I must say it was a wonderful year. The first Gulf war is what brought us out of it. I look forward to seeing how God is going to use this time in your life as well as your families. As far as some of the things you may miss everyone else well be happy to fill you in on all the details. Stay strong and resolute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with the others (no pun intended) but the final season of Lost is on in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FLYERS HOCKEY!! And Olympic Hockey only because one of the Goalies (Jon Quick) used to play for the Reading Royals!! And Young and the Restless, but I can read updates online. AND GLEE, Secert Life of An American Teenager, and Make it or Break it. And I hate to admit it, I love the shows on Disney (Hannah, Finns and Forbe, Wizards of Weaverly, and Sonny with a Chance)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lost final season.
    I seriously cannot miss that.

    ReplyDelete