Saturday, January 30, 2010

Help me remember the name of an old show . . .

So this morning when Abra got up at 6:30 I was thinking about when I was a kid and how I would get up early to watch cartoons (she doesn't get up early to watch cartoons - she's only two - she pretty much just gets up early to let us know that she is still in charge of this place).

I started thinking back to all of my old favorites: Smurfs, Gummy Bears (bouncing here and there and everywhere), Snorks, Muppet Babies and on and on and on. Those were the days! I turned on the tv (last year) on a Saturday and was so unimpressed with todays Saturday morning options.

So what are the great Saturday morning cartoons that you remember? The old classics?

One last question for this special Saturday blog post - there was a show I watched as a kid on Saturday mornings, not a cartoon, and it came on early. I'm thinking 7:00am. It was about a kid who had a computer (very outlandish back in the early 80s) and he somehow made contact with a girl in a space ship that left earth sometime in the future. Not sure that all their astrophysics theory was spot on, but it was entertaining. Anyway, I mentioned this show to Maile once and she had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone remember this show? Can anyone tell me what it was called? (I know, that's two questions. Be nice, it's a Saturday).

1 comment:

  1. Okay, here are the shows we remember besides the ones you mentioned: The Littles, Peewee's Playhouse (he made a few poor life choices but that show was genius!), Hulk Hogan Rock N' Wrestling, Monchichi, The Adams Family (we weren't little anymore but it was still fun to watch), and The Wuzzles. Oh and Audrey woke up around 6:30 too so apparently Abra and Audrey must have texted each other to wake up at the same time today...darn cell phones!

    ReplyDelete